After a 27 hour journey from Bridgend-Stansted-KL-Singapore, I am finally home.
The AirAsia flight wasn't too bad and despite the fact we were delayed in London for two hours, we still made our connecting leg and arrived as scheduled. None of our luggages got lost, although we did have to pay £36 for 9kg of excess baggage in KL.
We were lucky we had a very friendly Australian girl who checked us in in Stansted and I was trying all ways and methods to distract her so she wouldn't notice or pursue the matter of our very overweight luggages. My plan worked. But in KL, the guy who checked us in was an Indian chap who wasn't as nice and didn't let us get away, but still, £36 is not too much to pay.
We spent the evening at home with my family, chatting over dinner. Grandma was overjoyed to see us, though we were both taken aback by how much weight she has lost. Still she is eating and sleeping well these days and hopefully the weight will pile back on soon.
After dropping R off at my mother's flat (which is unoccupied because we all live with Grandma), I returned home and started packing the guests' gifts. I didn't even stop for a shower before I did that even though the last one I took was probably 35 hours ago!
My mother was kind enough to help me with the ribbons and tags and together we finished the job pretty quickly. She is always good with art and craft and creative stuff so I was really glad she gave me a hand.
By the time I finished this it was 00:30 and I checked my emails - both work and personal - before finally taking a shower and hitting the sack.
Thursday, 1 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment