Saturday, 3 October 2009

The Eve

Tonight is my last night as a single girl! How scary!

In the morning R came at 0915 with the betrothal gifts. My mother cut and shared the cake and returned one box of wedding cookies, a few oranges and half of the dowry to him. At 1020, the girls and I left for the hotel for the rehearsal. I had with me bags and bags and bags of items for the hotel staff to lay out in the morning. We didn't finish till 1300 and went over to VivoCity for a quick catch-up and last-minute briefing over lunch.

At 1500, I went to Orchard Road to do my nails with H, and following that I went to pick up my bridal bouquet while H decided to go and get her hair done. The florist did a good job and put together a bouquet which suited our garden theme. The bridesmaids' bouquets also looked very pretty and so did R's corsage.

When I came home, I discovered that my ex-colleague Z had dropped off a gift for me. It was a pair of beautiful diamond earrings and a very pretty handwritten note with her well-wishes and advice. It was such an unexpected surprise and I thought it was a very sweet, thoughtful and generous gesture.

I also received a necklace from my aunt with very interesting diamonds cut in the shape of stars when seen under a magnifier. It is so pretty I've decided to wear it tomorrow.

In the evening R came over to my place for dinner and we had mooncakes, tea and pomelo. He bought me a rabbit lantern and we went for a walk around the neighbourhood and we thought we had the prettiest one compared with the others that the kids were carrying.

After dropping him off at the flat at 2130, we headed home and I spent some time preparing the items I needed for tomorrow as well as for the overnight stay at the hotel. It's now 2330 and I've done well.

I think I will try to get some sleep before I have to get up at 0500 to wait for the make-up artist.

I'm so nervous! I hope it will be good, cool weather tomorrow and everything goes well.

1 comment:

  1. babe i'm so excited for you, I hardly slept a wink! Congratulations today and love you to bits!! mw

    ReplyDelete