Saturday, 29 August 2009
Day 35: DIY my way #2
If you go to sites like Etsy where people sell their handmade crafts, you'd find loads of cute wedding items such as pretty calligraphy place cards and beautiful table number signs. Sadly, they can cost an arm and a leg, so I decided to make my own!
It may seem difficult but it really isn't. I mean, you don't even need any kind of design software or special craft products. All I used was Microsoft Word, glue and scotch-tape.
I first downloaded some cute fonts online, then did the layout in Word. Next, I got them printed at the professional printers and sliced them into the size I wanted. Then I used some ribbons to decorate them before sticking them down onto A5 hard cards.
Yes they may not look perfect, but they only cost me a fraction of what I'd have to pay to have them professionally made. Yes it took some time and effort to DIY but hey, I had fun making them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment