Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Day 38: Honeymooning in Hanoi


Before deciding to go to Hanoi for our honeymoon, we thought of many other places to visit. The list included China, Italy, Greece, France and South Korea.

But with us already spending money on the wedding, regular flights back home, doing up the house etc, we wanted to head to somewhere affordable. It had to be exotic, somewhere we both haven't been before, and rich in history and culture.

So when Tiger Airways had their awesome sale, we bagged the return tickets for about S$200 each. And when I read up on Hanoi through Kenny and Gigi, I knew it would be just the kinda place I like.

The plan is to stay at a small simple hotel on the first night, get on a luxury overnight junk to cruise World Heritage site, Halong Bay, the next day and then come back to stay at the Intercontinental Hotel for three nights.

We have never been the sort of splurge on five-star accommodation when we travel but I think this time, we'll make an exception.

Afterall, how many times can you go on your honeymoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment