I went over to R's sister's place today for a small gathering to celebrate her husband's birthday. While all the guests were busy eating in the living room, I popped into the kitchen to ask if her if I could borrow something old from her which I could wear on my wedding day.
"It's funny you should ask, I've been thinking about asking you if you needed to borrow something," she replied. So we went upstairs to the bedroom where she showed me her jewellery collection, including a vintage pearl necklace and a 40-year-old bracelet.
Traditionally, a bride should borrow something from a couple who has been happily married for a long time, so that their marital bliss will rub off on her. While I was still deciding over what to borrow, she remembered she had bought me "something blue", a lace garter with a cute blue ribbon.
She explained to me that it's a tradition for brides to wear stockings, suspenders, garters when they get married. I knew about having something new, something old, something blue and something borrowed, but I had no idea about having to put on the raunchy underwear.
It's all too bad for R. I think he'd only find me in my Triumph tummy reducing corset, available in a very unappealing nude shade and in the form of enormous aunty pants.
















No comments:
Post a Comment