Woke up this morning to find that W sent me an email saying she has donated to LEPRA, one of our preferred charities, instead of buying us the Wedgwood giftware she initially wanted to get.
She told me she felt very happy for being able to do something nice for the less fortunate and at the same time making our day by doing so.
I'm really grateful that W took our wishes into consideration even though she could have gone ahead with her original idea. But the feeling of knowing that someone needy benefitted as a result of our special occasion really makes me so much happier than personally receiving a gift.
Today I came across another charity whose work I'd like to support after I saw this video. It's only 4 minutes so watch it and if you would like to help, please go to Save The Children UK to make a donation. Any amount will do, it doesn't need to be equivalent to the cost of a present or a cash gift to us.
Or, you can also check out LEPRA and Somaly Foundation.
To us, spreading the love is the most meaningful way of celebrating our love.
Thank you!















No comments:
Post a Comment